Thursday 9 August 2012

I am Leaving.


Take my eyes and look at me now, the last time you'll see me.
I am going, vanishing at the light frames, vanishing with all sounds and names, vanishing with all that I said, vanishing in dark or light's own tread.
A ghost disappears, such false existence,
a whiff, a chaff , a gnawing rodent.
 despise , I despise,
I'll leave nothing behind
yet everything behind.
and in a lost claustrophobic being
rests closed contempt,
and contempt needs no space, no place to grow,
I despise, despise, I leave behind,
but contempt will not seed, as I throw.
It fissures in from cracks in me,
a growing pain is a remedy.
it flows , it flows, it brims out.
charring flesh like lava's spout.
the skin I never had to wear,
the skin at which I gnawed to tear
and the bones that are full of a restless fear
the flesh that needs fire to douse
it all has to disappear.
You keep my eyes,
the last of what you see me as.
I am leaving.
they have seen inside, you and me,
and insight to you and me,
a hindsight to you and me,
not a foresight for you and me,
I leave behind
I bequeath, a world that I had to see,
A marvel at which I could flee.
my eyes have seen it inside out
and I hope they impair none about
your sight, your flight,
your varied dreams be
fragile as they were meant to be.
A face that masked the better
I set alight,
and my eyes did glitter
at another face that steals in the wood,
and let you know the ghosts in the hood..
I am leaving, forever,
a long long time
and if the route of your still crosses mine,
I plead, keep my eyes,
see me as I am,  I was, I were, I seem.
My eyes also enclose a dream.
keep them, don't frown at them
don't laugh at them
don't cry at them
I have lost you,
I'll find me
my eyes with you.
I have your sight,
your sense
your sensations
My tears, I'll take from them.
I am leaving.
I have all I need.





No comments:

Post a Comment