Friday 30 November 2012

The sea of Okhotsk....I am the island.

Navigation through this sea is almost impossible in the winters.I am the island that stands frozen midst the ice.
everything around me is the white sheet that covers the bubbling life beneath them. stranded? Not so, here by    the desire to be unpossessed. . Claims to me are numerous yet I am abandoned, do I regret?

I stand here in between grandiose and puny . Large land lost in it's own vastness is one of my my neighbors, mighty in nature and expansive like an ocean of land, tumultuous in endowments but laid back by choice, scattered in it's ravished and pristine landscapes, fertile yet barren, still so vast.
Puny, the little dots of lands, overflowing , virtual life, swinging in schedules,so much that each second gone is on the pulses of the living who tick like robotic devices.A vigor that would send a floating feather from one end to the other shore over the mechanized tracks, and the feather would fade in a whimper as it is swooped by the wind that entails the machine in motion.

Both on the map, one by the virtue of it's natural endowments and other by the virtue of their proliferation. I stand devoid of any. Most complete in my existence ,off the radar, off the map, a safe haven only visited by stranded boatmen and curious tourists. Uninhabited, untouched, utopia in it's solitude. Left alone, sustaining life on it's own. The sanctuary of all that lives in neither extremes, that knows the tales of both , that rest with none.
An island I am...an Island I'll be, not in the remotest but midst life, cut off from the worlds by sheets of ice. Cold ,pale ice that would thin on the crust and then melt into the Sea of Okhotsk.I'll stand their with all my wonders intact , visit me perhaps, I do not ask of you to stay.Please do not stay.For now, the sea is frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment